The Texas Department of Public Safety is reminding Texans to celebrate Super Bowl Sunday responsibly.
According to DPS, the troopers will increase patrols all day Sunday, Feb. 7 from 12:01 a.m. to midnight as part of a nationwide initiative. Troopers will keep an eye on drivers violating the law, including speeding, not wearing a seatbelt, and driving under the influence.
DPS is asking people to follow safety tips on Super Bowl Sunday:
· Don’t drink and drive.
· Move Over or Slow Down for police
· Slowdown in bad weather
· Safety belt for everyone in the vehicle
· Eliminate distractions while driving
· Don’t drive rash — allow plenty of time to reach your destination
· Check weather condition before traveling
DPS has asked people to report any suspicious activity on reporting system,iWatch Texas.
DPS mentioned that iWatchTexas is not for emergencies, so those needing an emergency response are urged to call 911.